Saturday, March 17, 2007

My General


MY GENERAL
St. Ignatius of Loyola
Oil on Canvas, 9in x 12in
"Fundador, sois Ignacio,
General de la compania real de Jesus,
Hueste belicosa y fiel."
I'm productive in idle times. (Ironic) I finished this painting in the darkest hours after the ravishing devastation left by Super Typhoon Reming. There was no power for almost two weeks so I productively used boring hours by candlelight, painting portraits of Ignatius. I finished three! He'll (Ignatius) be glad at what I've done! He he...
This painting of St. Ignatius I copied from an "estampita" given to me by a Jesuit.
Eventually, I gave the painting to the Jesuits in the school. I took a picture before saying goodbye to my work.
Now, the portrait of the founder hangs in the Jesuits' bulletin board.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice XD

Ces Adorio said...

Oh my gosh! You are a marvelous painter!!!

isabella said...

that was a noble thing, sir.
another saintly deed for your resume. if there were a nomination thingy for those who deserve to be saints, i might nominate you.

Sidney said...

Nice painting! You are talented!

rmacapobre said...

one of my regrets. i had to choose between my love of creating art and love of computers.

i do not regret having chosen computers. it helped me and my family a lot in terms of putting food on the table, sending my brother to school. i enjoyed the crative side of being a programmer.

i do regret knowing i had the talent (amateur hehehe) and the interest to paint but i simply do not have the time now ..

i envy you

Dine Racoma said...

a wonderful gesture, just a while ago i was asking my son what the words, "Fundador sois Ignacio’y general!". now i see them in your post.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

hi sir, i'm from your schonice painting sir i didn't know that you were a good painter. haha